Positive Parent Campaign “Mascot Design Challenges: Positive Parents – Hearts United with Children” (hereafter “the Competition”) Terms and Conditions
- Please read the terms and conditions carefully before entering the competition.
- All participants should read and fully understand the following Terms and Conditions prior to joining the Competition. By entering the Competition, participants will be deemed to have accepted and to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions.
Part 1. Competition Guidelines
- To successfully enter the competition, it is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that all application procedures for Positive Parent Campaign “Mascot Design Challenges: Positive Parents – Hearts United with Children” are followed and completed before 28 August 2020.
- Positive parent education should be used as the theme in the design of the mascot. Winning mascot(s) may be used as the ambassador for the public education activities under the “Positive Parent Campaign”.
- Entry Groups：
- The competition is divided into four categories: Kindergarten Group, Primary Group, Secondary Group and Open Group. Parents are encouraged to enter the competition together with their children in the Kindergarten Group, Primary Group or Secondary Group.
- Rules for participation：
- Students entering the competition should be studying in kindergartens, primary schools or secondary schools in the 2019/20 school year. Students aged under 18 shall only enter the competition with the consent of their parents/guardians. Participants of the Open Group must be Hong Kong residents aged 18 or over.
- Participants of the Kindergarten Group, Primary Group or Secondary Group can choose to enter the competition individually as a student or jointly as parent and student. Participants of the Open Group can only enter the competition on an individual basis.
- Each participant may only enter either the School group (i.e. Kindergarten Group, Primary Group or Secondary Group) or the Open Group, with only one submission; failing which, the participant will be disqualified.
- Format of Entries：
- The idea and contents of the entries must conform to the theme of the Competition, and all entries must be original, and have neither been openly shown or publicized, nor submitted for other competitions.
- There is no limitation on the presentation of design concept, while no physical model is accepted.
- To encourage creativity and innovation, the design of mascot can be presented as but not limited to human character, animal, robot, super hero, character whom can communicate with people or humanized object.
- The mascot could be a single character or a set of characters.
- The mascot must be drawn on a A4 size (210 mm x 297 mm) blank white paper.
- For the Kindergarten Group and Primary Group, the entries for all formats must be front view.
- For the Secondary Group and Open Group, the entries must include four sides (front, back, left and right).
- Participant may submit entry in hand drawing or digital format. The hand drawing format must be drawn on a blank white paper and scanned in JPEG format with the resolution of at least 300dpi. For digital entries, their submissions must be in JPEG format with the resolution of at least 300dpi, and the use of the Clip art is not allowed. Other entry formats (for example, photo of a mascot model produced) and their submissions must be in four sides (front, back, left and right) in JPEG format with the resolution of at least 300dpi .
- The file size of the entries should be not less than 1MB and not larger than 5MB.
- Naming of the mascot (including a single character or a set of characters) is required. A summary of description(s) on the design concept should be provided either in Chinese or English (about 50-100 words).
- All participants must visit the designated website (https://www.parent.edu.hk/article/positiveparent)to fill in the entry form and upload their entries on or before 28 August 2020 (Friday) (23:59 HKT). Entries sent by post or submitted in person will not be accepted.
- If two entries demonstrate high level of similarity by coincidence, the Organiser will consider only the earlier entry based on the submission time as logged by the application system.
- The submitted entry should not contain any material that is obscene, violent, pornographic, defamatory, indecent, disparaging or content that is controversial and inappropriate.
- Assessment Criteria：
All entries will be assessed by the panel of adjudicators on the following criteria:
- Expression of theme: design a mascot that can represent the Positive Parent Campaign (40%)
- Creativity and originality: creative concept, original design and styling (30%)
- Overall composition: aesthetics, techniques or visual effects (30%)
- The panel of adjudicators will select a champion, a first runner-up, a second runner-up, 5 distinguished prize winners and 10 meritorious prize winners in each category.
- Intellectual Property：
- All entries should be original and have not been shown in any occasion.
- Participants are required to ensure that the content of the entries does not infringe any copyright and publication right. Please visit the following website for details related to intellectual property: https://www.ipd.gov.hk/eng/pub_press/publications/IP_e.pdf
Any entries that have infringed any intellectual property will not be accepted. The Organiser takes no liability whatsoever for infringement.
Regardless of the result of the competition, the Organiser retains the right to replicate, modify, display, publish and use any entries in any forms without geographical, frequency and time restrictions; the right to use part or all of the contents of the entries with no compensation; and the right to use, or not use, the winning entries. The Organiser has the final decision of the above actions.
- The Organiser pledges to meet the recognized standards of personal data privacy protection, in complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”). In doing so, the Orgainiser also pledges to take reasonably practicable steps to ensure its agents comply with the standards of security and confidentiality required by the law.
- The Organiser shall not be responsible for any matters arising from or in connection with the submission, delay, loss, transmission error of any information of the participant due to technical problems, including but not limited to any computer or internet network problems. The Organiser reserves the sole and absolute right to make final and conclusive decisions.
- Suspected or actual fraud and abuse by participants of this competition may result in the nomination/prize being forfeited forthwith.
- The Organiser reserves the absolute right at its sole discretion to select, limit, refuse or remove any texts submitted with ideas that contain inappropriate language or sensitive content, that are unsafe or irrelevant, or infringe intellectual property of any third party on the competition website at any time, without explanation or further notice.
- The Organiser shall have the right to cancel, terminate, change or suspend the competition, and to amend the Terms and Conditions of the competition without prior notice. Participants shall agree to abide by the above.
- All submitted entries will not be returned to the participants.
- In case of dispute, the Organiser reserves the right to make final decision.
- All information collected in this website will only be used for the purpose of entering this competition and related matters. All personal data will be destroyed one month after the announcement of the results.
Part 2. Results and Prize
- The panel of adjudicators will assess the mascot design according to the “Assessment Criteria” set out on Part 1 pt. 6. They will select a champion (to be awarded a certificate of commendation and HK$3,000 gift voucher), a first runner-up (to be awarded a certificate of commendation and HK$2,000 gift voucher), a second runner-up (to be awarded a certificate of commendation and HK$1,000 gift voucher), 5 distinguished prize winners (to be awarded a certificate of commendation and HK$500 gift voucher each) and 10 meritorious prize winners (to be awarded a certificate of commendation and HK$100 gift voucher each) in each category.
- The results will be published on the event website (https://www.parent.edu.hk/article/positiveparent) on 30 October 2020 (Friday).
- Winner shall provide his/her Hong Kong Identity Card, student card or any other valid document(s) to the Organiser for identity verification.
- If any of the information provided to the Organiser is inaccurate or incomplete resulting in failure by the Organiser to contact the winner for redemption of the prize, the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss and will not re-issue the prize to the winner.
- All prizes given out by the Organiser are non-transferable.
- Winners shall not refund or exchange the prize for cash or other service(s).
- The Organiser reserves the rights to amend the rules for participation.
Part 3. Enquiries
- For technical support, please WhatsApp 6284 7278.
- For general enquiry, please contact 3698 4376.